What is the Tech-Resale.com’s E-Stewards Certification?
E-Stewards Certification?E-Stewards Certification is rapidly emerging as the leading global program designed to enable individuals and organizations who dispose of their old electronic equipment to easily identify recyclers that adhere to the highest standard of environmental responsibility and worker protection. Tech-Resale.com’s E-Stewards Certification helps us responsibly work with electronics recyclers, refurbishers and processors.
Certified E-Stewards recyclers adhere to the E-Stewards Standard for Responsible Recycling and Reuse of Electronic Equipment®; written by the environmental community with leaders in the industry to protect human health and the global environment. While there are other guidelines written for the recycling industry, the E-Stewards Standard is the only e-waste standard that:
• Is “All-In-One” – encompasses a certified ISO 14001 environmental management system.
• Prohibits all toxic waste from being disposed of in solid waste landfills and incinerators.
• Requires full compliance with existing international hazardous waste treaties for exports and imports of electronics, and specifically prohibits the export of hazardous waste from developed to developing countries.
• Prohibits the use of prison labor in the recycling of toxic electronics, which often have sensitive data embedded.
• Requires extensive baseline protections for and monitoring of recycling workers in every country, including developed nations where toxic exposures are routinely taking place.
Being one of the few companies in Utah who hold this standard means you can trust that Tech-resale.com will properly handle your IT assets & sensitive data. We also provide an all in one solution to help your company maximize its return on your hardware. Contact us today to see how we can create value while properly handling your hardware knowing it will have E-stewards accountability behind it.